Easy Airfryer Cleaning Guide
How to clean your Air Fryer? Cleaning your Airfryer is essential for maintaining its performance and ensuring that your favourite meals turn out crispy and delicious. Regular maintenance not only prolongs the lifespan of your Airfryer but also keeps it hygienic. In this post, we’ll provide you with five essential tips and tricks to clean your Airfryer effectively, without damaging the interior and exterior. Discover how to keep your Airfryer spotless and ready for your next cooking adventure!
1. Unplug and Cool Down: Safety First!
Before diving into the cleaning process, it’s crucial to unplug your Airfryer and allow it to cool down completely. This ensures your safety and prevents any accidental burns.
2. Cleaning Your Airfryer on the Inside
Say Goodbye to Grease and Residue To clean the interior, grab a microfiber cloth or a non-abrasive sponge and dampen it with warm soapy water. Gently wipe the inside of the airfryer, paying special attention to any grease or food residue. For stubborn stains, let the warm soapy water sit on the affected area for a few minutes before gently scrubbing with your microfibre cloth. Remember to avoid abrasive materials that could damage the interior surface.
3. The Heating Element
Use a gentle touch, and carefully clean the heating element using a damp microfiber cloth or sponge. Wipe away any debris or residue that may have accumulated. Take caution to avoid direct contact with the heating element to prevent damage. If there are stubborn stains or baked-on food, gently scrub the affected areas with the cloth or sponge.
4. Exterior Brilliance
Shine Up Your Airfryer Wipe the exterior of your Airfryer with a damp microfiber cloth or sponge to remove dirt and grease. Pay close attention to the control panel and buttons. Once the exterior is clean, ensure that you dry it thoroughly with a clean cloth to prevent water spots and maintain its appearance.
5. Accessory Cleaning – Dishwasher or Handwash
Some Airfryer baskets and accessories are dishwasher safe, allowing for easy cleaning. Check the manufacturer’s guide to determine if your specific Airfryer basket is dishwasher safe. If it is, simply place it in the dishwasher according to the instructions.
However, it’s important to note that not all removable accessories are dishwasher-safe. For those that are not, Handwashing is required. For accessories that are not dishwasher safe, such as drip trays or non-stick racks, wash them by hand. Use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to clean them gently. Rinse thoroughly and dry them completely before reassembling the Airfryer. If you are dealing with tough stains let your accessories soak in warm soapy water before attempting to clean again.
Here are some extra suggestions that are shared online by other air fryer lovers who claim these methods have been effective in cleaning their Air Fryers
Lemon Juice for Stubborn Stains and Odor Removal
If you’re dealing with stubborn stains or lingering odours in your Airfryer, a mixture of lemon juice and water can be a handy solution.
- Create a mixture: Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a bowl and add an equal amount of water (approximately 30 millilitres). Mix well to combine.
- Heat the mixture: Place the bowl with the lemon juice and water mixture into the Airfryer and heat it at a moderate temperature (around 150°C ) for a few minutes. The steam created by the mixture will help loosen any stubborn stains.
- Let it sit: After heating, leave the bowl in the Airfryer for about 10-15 minutes. This allows the lemon-infused steam to work its magic, softening stains and absorbing odours.
- Wipe and rinse: Remove the bowl carefully using oven mitts or tongs, as it will be hot. Use a damp microfiber cloth or sponge to wipe away the loosened stains. Rinse the cloth or sponge frequently and continue wiping until the stains are removed. Finally, rinse all parts with warm water to remove any lemon residue.
This trick can be particularly useful for tackling stubborn stains or removing persistent odours, leaving your Airfryer fresh and clean.
Vinegar Solution for Grease Removal: If your Airfryer has tough grease buildup, you can use a vinegar solution to help break it down.
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto the greasy areas and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, wipe it away with a damp cloth or sponge. The acidity of the vinegar helps dissolve the grease, making it easier to clean.
Baking Soda Paste for Stubborn Stains
- Baking soda is known for its natural cleaning properties. Create a paste by mixing baking soda with a small amount of water until it forms a thick consistency. Apply the paste to stubborn stains or baked-on food residue in your Airfryer. Let it sit for a while, then gently scrub it with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. The baking soda paste helps lift and loosen stubborn stains for easier removal.
Soft Toothbrush for Hard-to-Reach Areas
- For those nooks and crannies that are difficult to clean with a cloth or sponge, an old toothbrush can come in handy. Dip the toothbrush in warm soapy water and use it to scrub tight spaces, such as vents or crevices. The bristles can effectively reach into small areas and dislodge dirt and debris. WARNING: Be very careful not to scratch your Airfryer as the bristles might do this if too hard.
Note: Stick to mild dish soap, warm water, and non-abrasive cleaning tools like microfiber cloths or soft sponges to caution on the safe side if you are unsure about any of these methods.
A Clean Airfryer – Best Thing Ever
Cleaning your Airfryer is a breeze when you follow these five essential tips and tricks. And by incorporating microfiber cloths, sponges, warm soapy water, and gentle cleaning techniques, you can easily maintain the performance and hygiene of your Airfryer. Remember to unplug and cool down your appliance before starting, and always consult the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions for your specific Airfryer model. With a clean and well-maintained Airfryer, you can continue enjoying crispy and mouthwatering meals hassle-free!